Tam's Reviews > How to Lose a Highlander

How to Lose a Highlander by Michelle McLean

I love a story that has the two, main characters at odds with each other as they unwittingly fall in love, all the while digging in their heels and trying to resist their pull towards each other. This delightful theme always provides lots of laughs and plenty of sparks, and this book and its characters were no exception.

The chemistry between Sorcha and Malcolm was palpable and simply electric. The banter between them kept me laughing out loud. It was endlessly entertaining "watching" the two of them antagonize and try to repel each other so as to cause one of them to ask for an annulment. The harder they fought to put a wedge between themselves the more they seemed to be drawn together, which was maddeningly frustrating for both of them. But, once they capitulate and surrender to their burgeoning feelings all bets are off!

I think this is the start to a very intriguing and promising series, and I am very eager to read more in this line.

*I received a complimentary ARC of this book from NetGalley & Entangled Publishing, LLC in order to read and provide a voluntary, unbiased and honest review, should I choose to do so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Lose a Highlander.

April 14, 2017 – Started Reading