Margaux's Reviews > The Librarian

The Librarian by Christy Sloat

***Christy Sloat gave me an advance copy of her book in exchange of my honest review.***

I have been watching The Flash and as I am writing this review, I have this sudden realization that the ending of this story is similar to the concept of that TV series. I did not foresee that the last parts of this book will end like that. It was a good surprise. I enjoyed reading those last pages.

Weeks after I read this book, I received a free e-copy of King (Brotherhood Bachelors #1) by Kendra Little from BookBub. Honestly, for some time I had to re-read The Librarian because I got confused after reading both books. They have almost a similar plot. Although, King is a contemporary romance while The Librarian is a historical/time-travel romance.

For a 230-page book, I feel that it could have been better if there were a hundred more pages. It lacked character developments and is highly plot-driven in my opinion. I have no complains of how the plot progressed but there was little background story given for most of the characters.

Overall, the reading experience is good and it is entertaining. It is a unique story but still feels familiar. I recommend it more to time-travel readers than to historical romance readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Librarian.

April 20, 2017 – Shelved