David Edmonds's Reviews > Thrawn

Thrawn by Timothy Zahn

1993503

bookshelves: own, science-fiction, star-wars, read-2018, read-2021
Read 2 times. Last read January 18, 2021 to February 7, 2021.

A great re-introduction of Zahn's creation Thrawn in the current canonical Star Wars universe, who had been part of the old Expanded Universe Star Wars books before Disney did away with those. The definitive origin of this mysterious character, I also think fans of the Star Wars: Rebels television series will find this particularly enjoyable as it fleshes out numerous characters that have appeared in that series. And again, as with other books in the new canonical SW literary universe, there are several hints at events past, present, and future that have not been touched on yet. My hope is that eventually these events will be revisited in either the movies, books, or comics; this is one of the reasons that I'm enjoying the expanded, connected storytelling going on with the new streamlined timeline, that there is so much potential in these stories, and that they have actual impact on other stories being told.

I'm definitely looking forward to the followup, Star Wars: Thrawn: Alliances (Thrawn and Darth Vader!), and I'm thinking about picking up the original Thrawn Trilogy from the Legends imprint (the old Expanded Universe books).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thrawn.

April 19, 2017 – Shelved