Manny's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Started Reading
January 1, 2004 – Finished Reading
August 12, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)

notgettingenough I wish I'd found this first.

message 2: by Megha (new)

Megha Is this from 'Bunny Suicides'?

message 3: by Manny (last edited Aug 12, 2011 12:38AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Manny Not: you were damn close :)

mp: yes, one of the best ones!

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark brilliant, absolutely brilliant

message 5: by Ted (new)

Ted So the 766 page book lives on and the bunny becomes the doorstop.

Manny It is a kind of immortality much prized by suicidal rabbits.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my god this is brilliant!

Manny I am surprised it isn't more famous :)

Gabriella Nerina You haven't seen the Indonesian version of this book, it's 1200 pages! xD

Manny I am sure that would be very swift and merciful :)

message 11: by Ainsley (new)

Ainsley Ratledge Did you know that originally J.K. Rowling was going to make Arthur Weasley die instead of Sirus Black? SHE TRADED Arthur for Sirius.

Manny I did not know that, and I'm afraid my spontaneous reaction is to order a copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and wait patiently under the mailbox...

message 13: by Ella (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella Risnes It's actually 874 pages of awesomeness

message 14: by Ella (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella Risnes But hard cover is 870 pages of wonderfulness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 15: by David W. (last edited Jun 27, 2014 02:40AM) (new)

David W. One of my favorite Suicide Bunny moments is the one where a group of Nazi German soldiers are standing in line giving the salute to an off-screen Hitler, and the bunny is there giving a V-not-for-victory salute.

Manny I had somehow missed that one! Thank you.

message 17: by David W. (new)

David W. Is the comic still a WIP? I saw a copy of the book in a library, it was about as thick as Philosophers Stone.

James That was hilarious - but made me fear for my cat.

message 19: by David W. (new)

David W. Surely your cat would be alert enough to dart away when he/she hears the mail slot open...?

Manny I am sure your cat is smart enough to take cover. This only works on animals who already have a deathwish.

message 21: by Madi (new)

Madi What does suicide bunny have to do with Harry potter??

Manny Madi wrote: "What does suicide bunny have to do with Harry potter??"

Ah c'mon Madi, you can't have looked at the pictures very carefully...

Ivonne Rovira Worst book of the series. By far.

message 24: by Lori (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lori I agree. I was sorry I wasted my time...

Sandra T I love this book but also your review :)

message 26: by Ravi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ravi Babu I somehow feel that this review contradicts what you said in your profile description. :(

Manny You are right, Ravi. I do not usually want to help Amazon increase their sales, but when the purchaser is a suicidal rabbit I'm willing to make an exception.

Manny PS The above comment should not be read as making any representation, implicit or explicit, to the effect that buying Amazon books is an effective way to kill yourself. Sorry, my lawyer insists.

message 29: by chaz1 (new)

chaz1 I LOVE YOUR REVIEW MANNY™€¥¥¥##%

Manny Thank you dr btyust. I felt this idea needed to be brought to the widest possible audience... I'm sure there are many depressed Potter fans who will find it very useful!

Jonathan S. Harbour So, where's the review, and why 2 stars?

If we are to assume your review is summed up in the lame comic, you took off 3 stars because of the page count? I can think of plenty of bad books that were 1000 pages too long. For instance, The Count of Monte Cristo. Would have been great ending at 200.

Manny Jonathan, suicidal bunnies have many ways to kill themselves!

James Once my cat is in a position she has chosen to be in, nothing will move her. And her curiosity is without end. She would certainly investigate the sound of HPATOOTP being thrust in all its awesomeness through a letter-box (if any were wide enough).

Khaerunisyah Risma Handayani The order of the phoenix is my favorite from the series and I read it in Indonesian version which has 1280 pages hahaha. Love every part of the pages

Dill Pickle9574 you don't like the book

message 36: by Manny (last edited Dec 23, 2017 08:08PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Manny I liked the first one more. But this is a great rabbit-killing device, and hey, just now I'm in Australia!

message 37: by me (new) - rated it 5 stars

me How???

Manny Thus!!!

message 40: by Mary (last edited Apr 09, 2019 05:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary S. R. I believe we need a bunny suicide for George R.R. Martin's books. They are beast-sized demons that give me backaches every time I pick them up—and I am such an in love masochist that I wanna reread them :/

(and don't ask me to define a beast and a demon and what that combination is supposed to present because I have no clue whatsoever. The keyboard suggested it and I said “that sounds nice—to hell with sense” ⬅ I've heard that strategy sells books all over the world so I'm trying it out to make sure of its efficiency before getting deep in dirt in the publishing industry. And I'm in no way talking about the book you reviewed ofc)

Manny Good thinking, Mary! If they managed to revive the bunny this time, he's going to order himself some George R.R. Martin the moment they discharge him from hospital.

message 42: by muffin bubble (new)

muffin bubble why only 2 stars ?