April's Reviews > Fallen Crest Home

Fallen Crest Home by Tijan

Apr 19, 2017

bookshelves: favorites, books-i-reread

I want to say tons of things about this book because there are tons of things about this book that made me feel all tons of emotions in a short period of time. It pains me when I think about Fallen Crest's last book because I don't think I will ever be ready to say goodbye. Fallen Crest Series has been one of the top favorites of mine! I love the Kades too much I don't think I can ever let go. I love this series for so many reasons and sometimes I question myself for loving this book too much. Too much that sometimes I think it's unhealthy. FC is the most angsty book I ever read. I get chills every time I read any of the book in this series. No other book gave me chills like that--from page 1 up to the end, I was never at ease. Reading this book was like waiting for a bomb to explode. It didn't disappoint. Once again, Tijan proved how well she can manipulate her stories to something that will make her readers afraid and excited all at the same time. She can give you the fear and dread and then she'll make you feel it's all worth it in the end. That's one of the things I love about this series and one thing I admire about Tijan. She hasn't let me down yet. The characters and their bonds, they are like no other. Tight. Real. Haven't seen anything like it even in all the books I already came across with. And the ending. I kind of figured out that she'll end it like that, but still, I was open-mouthed. I should've expected it... but WOW! 10 awesome stars!!! Give me the next book asap!

Haven't started the book yet?

Fallen Crest will soon come to an end. Just one more book! If you haven't started this series, I suggest that you start it as soon as you have time. I totally enjoyed this and I highly recommend the books especially if you're a fan of angsty, sexy, heart-thumping books that are hard to put down. If you love badass characters and stories that are challenging to read--dysfunctional, dark, maybe twisted, sexy and full of angsts, this book will surely satisfy your cravings. Fallen Crest is YA/NA Contemporary Romance that revolves around the life of Samantha Strattan whose life was suddenly turned upside down when her mother decided to leave her father for another man. This man whom her mother fell in love with has two sons, Mason and Logan Kade, who hated her and whom she hated but eventually grown to love. Their bond is unbelievably strong and it never seize to amaze me how tight their relationships are. "You attack one. You attack all. That was our motto."

You'll also meet other badass characters--some were friends but the majority were enemies, you can't be sure who to trust or who to watch out for. It is a roller coaster kind of feeling and you'll surely enjoy every minute of it.

Here is the list of books in the series:

0.5 Mason
1- Fallen Crest High
2- Fallen Crest Family
3- Fallen Crest Public
4- Fallen Fourth Down
5- Fallen Crest University
5.5 Logan
6- Fallen Crest Home
7- Untitled (To be release on May 2017)

Fallen Crest have plenty of things that are opposite to what I believe in. The characters that I've grown to love and care about are the opposite of the kind of friends I have in my life. They did things that in normal life I wouldn't even dare to do. When I first started reading Fallen Crest High, I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. Sometimes I wonder what is it that really made me enjoy this series.

Francois Muriac once said, "If you would tell me the heart of a man, tell me not what he reads but what he rereads." I have plenty of favorite books but I don't reread them all. I only have a couple of titles that I enjoy rereading and Fallen Crest is one of these. Now, I don't know what that says about my character or my "heart" because I don't really wanna know. I'm pretty sure I couldn't read this book without recoiling IF I were still in my High School years. Fallen Crest isn't the sweet, romantic, cheesy kind of book that I used to read and enjoy back then. It was far from that kind of book actually. It is dark. It is dysfunctional. It is wild. Fallen Crest High is the first book that I read that made me question myself about things. It may be funny but it's the truth. And as I continue to love this series, I began to open myself up to other kinds of books that I don't usually read and aren't actually in my comfort zone. I continue learning. I began to realize that when you read books, maybe they don't really change you but they show you who you are. They open your eyes by making you question yourself, what you believe in, what you stand up for in life. They reveal something that existed on you. Whatever it is that made me fall in love with these books, I am thankful for it. The series may come to its end but its influence won't. If there is one thing I will treasure most about this series is the sense of family, loyalty, and friendship. What they say is true. Family isn't all about blood. They are the ones who were there with you at your lowest, the times when you had no one else. And when someone else betray you, they are the ones who got your back. They will always come for you no matter what.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen Crest Home.

April 18, 2017 – Started Reading