Jarime's Reviews > Approaching the Swingularity: Tales of Swinging & Polyamory in Paradise

Approaching the Swingularity by Cooper S. Beckett

This book takes place two years after the original book in which we read about a monogamous couple, Ryan and Jenn, taking the plunge into the fun filled world of polyamory and swinging. There was some bumps, bruises and growth.
Now, along with the couple that introduced them to the lifestyle, Bruce and Paige, they are going to the resort Aphrodite’s Resort and Spa. A hedonistic clothing optional paradise where 110 couples of various orientations come to relax and discover new things about themselves in a supportive environment.
Cooper goes to great lengths to make sure that a variety of couples are represented. There are elderly couples, lesbian couples, a MMF triad and more! So there is a little something for everyone in this story. It is not just one couples story of growth, but multiple stories.
Now, when I say growth, I am not just talking about getting over NRE (New Relationship Energy) but also the negative outcomes the lifestyle can have on a persons personal and professional life. How those negative consequences can lead to new and unexpected things. Just like the relationships that are outlined in this book, life is evolving. Embrace the change and accept your beauty is the take away I had from that portion of the book. Looking at you Jenn and Paige.
Make no mistake, this book is not just about growth, there is plenty of really hot scenes as well! A gangbang on a wedding anniversary! A man’s first homosexual experience! And I really enjoyed the couples happy ending massage.
If you liked the first book, I STRONGLY recommend this one. It will not leave you disappointed. Cooper has a way with words that makes me want to go to these places and experience these things.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Approaching the Swingularity.

Started Reading