Meg - A Bookish Affair's Reviews > The Horse Dancer

The Horse Dancer by Jojo Moyes

bookshelves: 2017, fiction
Read 2 times. Last read April 19, 2017 to May 24, 2017.

3.5 stars. "The Horse Dancer" is the story of Tash and Mac and their marriage that is falling apart. It's the story of Sarah, a young teenager, whose grandfather gets sick and threatens to rip apart the only thing that has given her life stability: her love of horseback writing. Told with Moyes' signature heart and memorable characters, this book will drag your heart through the mud and leave you with hope and happiness.

I'm not a horse fan but I am an animal lover. I loved the bond that Sarah had with her horse, Boo. Sarah's grandfather has been a masterful rider in his own day and he passed his love of horses on to Sarah. I really liked how committed Sarah was to Boo and everything that she went through in order to continue practice horseback riding and then on top of it, how much she goes through in order to fix things for Boo.

Moyes is a master at taking the difficult and turning into a really heartwarming story. I love how she is able to turn this on its head - this always make for a super satisfying read! There are a few continuity issues throughout the book and it gets a bit predictable towards the end but because of the ending, it is still satisfying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Horse Dancer.

April 3, 2017 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
April 3, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (Other Paperback Edition)
April 19, 2017 – Started Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
April 19, 2017 – Started Reading
April 19, 2017 – Shelved
April 21, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017 (Other Paperback Edition)
April 21, 2017 – Shelved as: fiction (Other Paperback Edition)
May 24, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017
May 24, 2017 – Shelved as: fiction
May 24, 2017 – Finished Reading
May 24, 2017 – Finished Reading (Other Paperback Edition)