Nessa Luna [October Tune]'s Reviews > From a Certain Point of View

From a Certain Point of View by Elizabeth Schaefer

liked it
bookshelves: ebooks, short-stories, series, 2021, 2021prc

When I started this, I didn't really know what it was, to be honest. I knew it was short stories but I had no idea it was actually scenes from A New Hope rewritten but from the POV of different characters (should have read the synopsis before starting this, I guess). I liked it, but I felt like there were too many stories rewriting the same scene (like half of them were about that one scene in the Cantina on Tatooine).

Like with any anthology, I loved a couple of stories, and I hated a couple. There are threestories I gave 5 stars - Eclipse, a story from Breha Organa's point of view (view spoiler), Far Too Remote (seriously it made me cackle), and the final one - Whills (cackling again, also mention of Jyn Erso & K2SO *cue the sobs*). One story I DNF-ed was the story from Palpatine's POV because sorry not sorry but a poem written like Shakespeare wrote it? No thank you. Most other stories were around 3/3.5 stars, which is why the overall rating ended up being 3 stars.

In the end, I really enjoyed reading the stories, even if they were repetitive most of the time, and I will certainly enjoy the sequel - Empire Strikes Back. I loved discovering which character's POV the story was told from and I cried every time Scarif was mentioned (I am weak, OK?!). Definitely recommend if you want some more backstory from Star Wars characters!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From a Certain Point of View.

April 19, 2017 – Shelved
December 30, 2020 – Shelved as: short-stories
December 30, 2020 – Shelved as: series
January 1, 2021 – Started Reading
January 1, 2021 –
3.0% "No, YOU cried when a character mentioned 'Rogue One' in the first story."
January 2, 2021 –