Bianca's Reviews > Harmful Rush: A Stand-Alone Novel

Harmful Rush by Debra Doxer

Apr 18, 2017

Skylark Samuels is not like other people. She has a gift. One that she has never exposed to anyone until someone she loved was in danger. Now things have backfired. She’s forced to go away to college to a place where no one knows her. She tries to be invisible. No one can know her gift if she remains unseen. Or so she thought. Dylan Parks is the guy at school everyone wants. Drop dead gorgeous and popular, he’s drawn to Skylark in ways he never thought possible. But Skylark promised to stay away and not let anyone too close. Because finding out her secret? It would be devastating.

“I knew you were an extraordinary person, Skylark Samuels, before I knew anything else about you.”

Dylan and Skylark have this electrifying connection. One that the author never tells you about, but she allows you to feel it. Despite Skylark’s reservations about getting close with Dylan, their attraction is undeniable. Their souls tethered on a level that cannot be put into words. Their love is intense, complicated and inevitable. When forced to reveal herself to someone, Skylark expects the worst, but is faced with understanding. Until one person threatens to expose her leaving her vulnerable and in the dark about her future.

“I didn’t think I could be with someone who makes me feel this way.”
“What way?”
“Like the world isn’t such a bad place if it has you in it.”

I am vague on the plot as this is the type of story that you experience. The author has this innate talent to paint a world like no other. Vivid in colors with alluring prose and a compelling and addicting storyline, this is a book you will never be able to put down. I read it in one sitting. Start to finish.

“I think I finally did it.”
“Did what?”
“Convince my little bird to land.”

Harmful Rush reminds me of my love for a well executed paranormal romance. Powerful and consuming, I was absolutely left breathless as I read this book. The manifestation of the storyline was absolutely brilliant. I was fully immersed in the story as I found myself LIVING through every single scene. All their highs and lows. Their earth shattering love story. The suspense will have you flipping the pages and I can guarantee you have never read a story like this one. Whether you’ve read paranormal romance or are new to the genre, you will find this to be an unforgettable read. Days later, my heart continues to beat over the story and the characters. Fate is questioned, but their love never is. Magnetic and fascinating this was easily one of my top reads of 2017.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harmful Rush.

Started Reading