Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm's Reviews > What About Today

What About Today by Dawn Lanuza

19367448

I never met a lion hugger before, not even an aspiring one. Now I've read about one and he's interesting. No, scratch that. He's purrrfect, emphasis on the purr because he loves lions and other animals. And oh, he works at an amusement park and gives tour rides to an amusing badass loner named Gemma. So I really think he's cool. His name is Aiden by the way.

Now, let's talk about Gemma, who's afraid to ride the Ferris Wheel when she assumed someone died in that monstrosity. But it's her birthday and she wants to try out something as her quest for YOLO (you only live once). Then she meets a boy wearing a long sleeved shirt dress with a necktie looking uncomfortable and cute at the same time. Suddenly her birthday slowly unravels and becomes FUNTASTIC!

Once again, I fell in love with this short story from a talented Filipina author, Dawn Lanuza. Early this morning, (more like early dawn), I read one of her short stories Breakup Anniversary and it was awesome. It really started my day. Then I learned it was her birthday yesterday so I decided to read her other book, What About Today and again, I am impressed. Aiden and Gemma's story is quite short but loaded. I love love love it!

It's these simple short stories that really got me swooning and gushing these days. Ms.Lanuza's writing is lovely, lyrical, liberating. It allows me freedom to dream and enjoy life's pleasures through anecdotes and even pick up lines. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I am sure I'll be reading more of her books soon!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What About Today.

April 18, 2017 – Started Reading