Rachael Orman's Reviews > Passion Relapse

Passion Relapse by Jack Fisher

20262564

I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This book is about two recovering sex addicts, but it is also about a man and a woman that were friends when they were little and moved apart. I have to say that I really enjoyed reading about how the pair works through their issues and as they share their stories of how they came to be where they were.

I felt so bad for Mary Ann at first because while she was doing everything her recovery program demanded of her, she still didn't feel like she was getting better, at least not deep down even though she was controlling her addiction. It took someone who knew her before her addiction had taken over her life for her to find herself again.

Peter is much newer at dealing with his addiction, but he immediately grabs onto Mary Ann and all the knowledge that she has gained in her year of recovery.

The two find that the program may help them in one way, but true friendship helps in a completely other way.

I will say that I felt like the revelation that occurs at the end of the book seemed a bit over the top to me so that is where the loss in ratings came from. I would've liked to see the couple as they came into the revelation together instead of just being told how they handle it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Passion Relapse.

Finished Reading