Ingo's Reviews > Change Agent

Change Agent by Daniel Suarez

8842081

bookshelves: preordered

May be 4 stars is too much, and as I pre-ordered it and bought it for rather high price (Eur 13,99 which is today Us$ 15.99), I think it was not worth it, I must control my self better not buy ebooks too expensive (or pre-order them for a high price).

The theme is very well written and researched (manipulating human genes for profit), but it was not very suspenseful and had nearly no real twists, I guessed the outcome early on.
Short notices:
Chapter 36 / page 327 (as per Kindle): Journey way too long, boring.

But the book has a section Further Reading in the back, and that is one of the things I sorely miss in most near future SF books (and even some thrillers, crime and mysteries).

So, recommended if you want a realistic view at a future that could have been thought up by German Nazis, the Übermensch not selected but genetically engineered.
And, with that, 4 stars it is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Change Agent.

April 18, 2017 – Started Reading
April 18, 2017 – Shelved
April 21, 2017 –
April 27, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Ingo For a 2 star review, which mentions some of the same regrets I have about the book, look here:
Stephan's 2 star review.

You ask why I give 4 stars and agree with a 2 star review so much I link to it? Thinking about it, I may have rated it too high, but stand by it. But try to read it for less than I paid for it, way under 10 Eur/Us$ feels better for me, this is a 5-7 Eur/Us$ ebook. Or a cheap used Paperback in a few months or when the price sinks.

As I cannot see wether these technologies will come to pass, currently I think the read-again-value is rather low. Not enough suspense, one long track where he is traveling - which could be cut shorter without changing much of the book and no real twists.