Michelle's Reviews > Paper Fools

Paper Fools by Staci Hart

Apr 17, 2017

bookshelves: 2017, staci-hart, april-2017, contemporary, contemporary-romance

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo a431a77afe31311faea9f394bef354_zps8cddvmxo.gif

Paper Fools is an updated and edited version of Staci Hart’s formerly titled book Deer in Headlights. This book is unlike any romance books that you have read as Hart beautifully intertwines Greek mythology into the mix as a modern love story takes center stage.

Here’s a little tidbit fact about me, I love Greek Mythology. In fact, I took a high school and college course studying about it and named several of my pets after the Greek Gods. And so when Hart introduced Apollo and Aphrodite as characters, I was thrilled. So what happens when two Greek Gods decide to play a game that involves humans? Well, in four weeks time Aphrodite must have her humans fall in love and Apollo as you guess it, will try to keep them apart. So who will win Aphrodite? Or Apollo?

#paperFools

Lex (Aphrodite’s chosen human) is one of those girls who also has to be in a relationship but has never been in love. Dean (Apollo’s chosen human) is a rock star musician. Yeah, he is one of those musicians with the tortured soul who pours his emotions into his writing and songs. So what happens when these two strangers meet and boom an instant connection and attraction is formed? Aphrodite should easily win. Right? Well, before Aphrodite can be pronounced the winner, her human player happens to be the girlfriend of Dean’s band member. Yes, you guessed it.. This game got a whole interesting now as Lex tries to be the faithful girlfriend. So will Apollo win this game as he tries to keep these two apart? Or will an unlikely friendship spark a love connection that neither Lex or Dean saw coming?

Paper Fools is a well-written love story that was a symphony of love, laughter, intensity, and raw emotions. Hart did an excellent job weaving the roles of the Greek Gods into the mix as she brought forth their relations with the humans, Lex and Dean. The push and pull attraction between Lex and Dean was indescribable as readers could sense and feel their hearts and emotions colliding as love began to take center stage. I absolutely adore Dean. He was the broken man with a tortured soul but who found the one person in Lex to heal the pieces to complete him. Hart’s ability to put a fun and unique romantic twist on a modern love story is the biggest appeal and draw for me. I love how she engages readers to see beyond the games and see for face value, the connection that is taking center stage. So if you are looking for a love story that was palpable, magical and lyrical, then I suggest you read Staci Hart’s Paper Fools. So are you up for the challenge to discover who will in this game of love?

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg Staci Hart

photo goodreads_zpsu1xjiild.png  photo facebook_zpsd90abdgh.png  photo twitter_zpsobteb9tp.png  photo instagram_zpsjcud3w85.png  photo networked-blogs_zpsxdgubswu.png

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Fools.

May 2, 2013 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
May 2, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
Started Reading