Spencer's Reviews > The Queen Is Dead

The Queen Is Dead by Kate Locke

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites, personal-library, 2019
Read 2 times. Last read March 5, 2019.

Xandra has to come to terms with being a goblin and being offered their crown. Of course, she has a bunch on her plate, other than the royalty/goblin nonsense, too. Her poor brother goes missing, she finds out a few interesting tidbits about her father, some of her family is more welcoming than others. If I was in her position, I would be a hot mess. But she does have Vex on her side. And he is still the ultimate definition of book boyfriend.

This series really pulls you in. I really like that in this one, everything has been established (characters and the like), unlike in the first, where you are getting a bunch of information at once. In this one, instead of feeling like I'm learning so much about their world, I just enjoy delving further into it. It feels less like a history lesson and more like an interesting fantastic story.

And, Xandra is still an amazing character. Although she can be absolutely terrifying when she gobs out, you still end up rooting for her. I really want her to be a fantastic queen. I want her to kick Queen Victoria's ass. I want everything to work out with her and Vex. And I really want her family to get back together. Just want happy endings all around. Of course, now I'll have to read the next book soon to make sure all of that happens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen Is Dead.

April 17, 2017 – Started Reading