Brenda - Traveling Sister 's Reviews > Himself

Himself by Jess Kidd

Norma and I were lost in the magical lush coulee with two of our Traveling Sisters reading Himself.  At times we were hidden in the bushes looking over our shoulders for the supernatural who were wanting to find us and tell us their secrets.

Himself starts off dark and violent and left us wanting to stay hidden in those magical bushes to hide from the dark but soon humor is introduced into the story to lighten the darkness of this story. Jess Kidd does a good job balancing the dark with some light here with magic and humor.

She adds some supernatural elements here with our main character Mahony who sees the dead that holds the secrets and lies in a small Irish town.  At times we were left confused with some of the supernatural and magical parts of the story and we were grateful to have a discussion to help us figure out some aspects of this story.   It lead to a very interesting discussion amongst us and in the end about reading and discussing this story we were left very satisfied to come out of the bushes to recommend this story.

This is Traveling Sisters GR Reading Group Review and it can be found posted on our themed book blog Two Sisters Lost In A Coulee Reading.
Coulee: a term applied rather loosely to different landforms, all of which refer to a kind of valley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Himself.

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)

message 1: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna I hope you are enjoying this one!!

Cheri Oh, yes! Enjoy!

Diane S ☔ Wish I was reading it again for the first time.

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Awesome review, Brenda! glad you all enjoyed it.

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books Love this review, Brenda!!! So glad you all had such a wonderful sister read!

Babydimps (Suzy) Awesome review Brenda! 😊

message 7: by Angela M (new) - added it

Angela M Great review, Brenda! I have not read this yet - but it’s on my kindle!

Jaline Great review, Brenda! I loved this one and I'm so glad to see you enjoyed it, too!

message 9: by KAS (new)

KAS Wonderful review, Brenda! So glad you really enjoyed :-) xox

message 10: by Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister (last edited Jun 06, 2018 12:49PM) (new) - added it

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Brenda--great review! And this sounds perfect -->Jess Kidd does a good job balancing the dark with some light here with magic and humor. Im so looking forward to this and Mr. Flood...<3

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Fantastic review, Brenda!!! Happy you enjoyed it!

Karen Wonderful review, so happy you gals loved it!

message 13: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Happy this was a good one Brenda!

message 14: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Clemence Brenda, glad you loved this one! Happy reading.

message 15: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Glad you enjoyed! Fabulous review!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Deanna wrote: "I hope you are enjoying this one!!"

Thank you, Deanna!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Cheri wrote: "Oh, yes! Enjoy!"

Thank you, Cheri!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Awesome review, Brenda! glad you all enjoyed it."

Thank you, Mary Beth!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Mackenzie - Traveling Sister wrote: "Love this review, Brenda!!! So glad you all had such a wonderful sister read!"

Thank you, Mackenzie!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Awesome review Brenda! 😊"

Thank you, Suzy!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Angela M wrote: "Great review, Brenda! I have not read this yet - but it’s on my kindle!"

Thank you, Angela! I hope you really enjoy it!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Jaline wrote: "Great review, Brenda! I loved this one and I'm so glad to see you enjoyed it, too!"

Thank you, Jaline! So glad you loved this one!

Brenda - Traveling Sister KAS wrote: "Wonderful review, Brenda! So glad you really enjoyed :-) xox"

Thank you, KAS!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister wrote: "Brenda--great review! And this sounds perfect -->Jess Kidd does a good job balancing the dark with some light here with magic and humor. Im so looking forward to this and Mr. Flood...<3"

Thank you, Kristin! I really hope you both!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader & Traveling Sister wrote: "Fantastic review, Brenda!!! Happy you enjoyed it!"

Thank you, Jennifer!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Karen wrote: "Wonderful review, so happy you gals loved it!"

Thank you, Karen!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Holly wrote: "Happy this was a good one Brenda!"

Thank you, Holly!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Erin wrote: "Brenda, glad you loved this one! Happy reading."

Thank you, Erin!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Meredith wrote: "Glad you enjoyed! Fabulous review!"

Thank you, Meredith!

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Fantastic review Brenda!🤗💞

message 31: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Lovely review 😊Brenda

message 32: by Berit☀️✨ (new)

Berit☀️✨ Fabulous review Brenda! Looks like an interesting book 😘

Susanne Strong Great review Brenda! Glad you liked this one too!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Thank you, Miriam, Berit and Susanne!

message 35: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Great review, Brenda!! I've got this one on my radar!