Melissa Rochelle's Reviews > The Stars in Our Eyes: The Famous, the Infamous, and Why We Care Way Too Much about Them

The Stars in Our Eyes by Julie Klam

bookshelves: arc, ebook, read-2017

As I was scrolling through my Instagram feed I found myself thinking about this book. Why do I follow all of these people I don't know?! What makes them so special/interesting/worthy of my time? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? Some of them aren't household-name celebrities. Some of them are "celebrities" in their respective bubbles (yoga, literature, succulents, moms). Some are just random people.

But those questions I asked above, Julie Klam digs into that a little in this easy-to-read & entertaining look at CELEBRITY. If you're expecting a real in-depth psychoanalysis of why we're obsessed as a culture...you won't find that here. She interviews interesting people and includes these great little "intermissions" at the end of each chapter--quick stories from people who have had interactions with celebrities.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stars in Our Eyes.

April 12, 2017 – Started Reading
April 16, 2017 – Shelved
April 16, 2017 – Shelved as: arc
April 16, 2017 – Shelved as: ebook
April 16, 2017 – Shelved as: read-2017
April 16, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Julie Thank you so much. I love what you said!

Melissa Rochelle Julie wrote: "Thank you so much. I love what you said!"

Thank you! I really enjoyed your book. I included it in a couple of presentations I did on books to read this summer.