Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)'s Reviews > Beg for Mercy

Beg for Mercy by Shannon Dermott

So I read this a while back and I don’t normal write reviews for book I read for pleasure. But here I am. I generally don’t give spoilers. But oh well. I guess since I really liked this book, I want to spread the word.

Mercy is a half human and half succubus. Being part lust demon isn’t easy on her as some might think. Her first kiss turns into disaster when she nearly kills the guy. That’s when her mother finally dropped the bomb as to what she was. And what was the mother’s advice. Stay away from boys. Well, that’s sounds easy and it worked for her for a while. The boy Paul who previously been her boyfriend before she nearly kills him becomes her friend. That had to suck as she’s silently pines for him.

Then as fate always has it. She ends up at a senior party because her best friend ropes her into it. Somehow she finds herself in a room filled with the most popular of all playing spin the bottle of all things. As you can imagine being a girl whose kiss is fatal, this wasn’t ideal.

The story takes off from there introducing us to a bunch of character including a laundry list of hot guys who are willing to date her. Some make think that the number of guys attracted to her is too much, but really, is it not possible in real life. The guys are all delectable in their own way and even I had a hard time choosing between them. So I couldn’t blame Mercy for her indecision.

I enjoyed the book. If you’re not into love triangles this book may not be for you. But the plot twists are really different and you may just enjoy. Additionally, I haven't seen a succubus play a major role in YA. All this made for a very entertaining book for me. If you are into YA and romance, try this story out.

My book boyfriends Luke and Flynn.

Luke
Photobucket

Flynn

Photobucket

Okay, so it's the same actor. But completely different looks that represent them well I think.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beg for Mercy.

Quotes Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) Liked

Shannon Dermott
“Your the kind of girl a guy can fall for," he said then paused before speaking again. "And you of all people know that love is not possible for people like you and me.”
Shannon Dermott, Beg for Mercy

Shannon Dermott
“He was too gorgeous for words and worst yet he knew it.”
Shannon Dermott, Beg for Mercy

Finished Reading
August 11, 2011 – Shelved
August 13, 2011 –
August 14, 2011 –

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana OMG, you already read it and gave it 5 stars???It must be a good book then, so looking forward to reading it:)

message 2: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly T. Have you seen the TV show The Gates? This seems to be the same story line.

Who is that actor? It makes me want to read now!

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) Yes. I have. The show only lasted one season. :(

It isn't quite the same though. This has more guys trying to get her attention.

The actor in the picture is Charlie Hunnam! He's hot!

message 4: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly T. K I will try it! I wished they said 4 guys in the blurb! Now that would have gotten my attention!

BTW, you have my boyfriend as your profile pic. <3 Neil Caffrey.

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) HA!HA! My profile pic is Matt Bomer. Is that his name on White Collar. I don't watch that show.

message 6: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly T. Yes! Omg you have to watch it. That's how I fell in love.

message 8: by Becca (new)

Becca Sorry, but i have to say i just love your username cause i do love me some christian grey too!

★Ruth★ Oh Terri I do love me some Charlie Hunnam.Both are good looks for him but I prefer the 2nd :)