Cindi (cheesygiraffe)'s Reviews > Turkey Trot Murder

Turkey Trot Murder by Leslie Meier

bookshelves: netgalley, 2017-read, cozy-mystery

***NetGalley Review***

It's November and Lucy is training to run in the Turkey Trot 5K. She is running early one morning with her dog when she stumbles across a dead young lady that she happens to know. Alison's a college friend of her youngest daughter, Zoe. Everyone is saying the Alison is a drug addict and that's why she was found frozen in a pond. But the few people that really knew her say that she had kicked her pain pill addiction and was clean & sober. Her stepmother is very pregnant and her mother is a little crazy. There is also trouble brewing in town. A famous Chef wants to put in one of his restaurants in Tinker Cove. That shouldn't be a problem. But unfortunately, since he is Hispanic there are people who want to keep him from doing it. The main person racist is the victim's father, Ed Franklin. Her husband, Bill, is trying to help remodel the building the restaurant will go in when there is an explosion. Lucy has to deal with all of this and figure out whodunit.

I enjoy most of the Lucy Stone mystery series and this one is no exception. I liked the mystery of course but I also liked that Leslie Meier put in real-world problems we are still facing today. The characters are enjoyable mostly but that's life. There are always people we don't like.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turkey Trot Murder.

April 16, 2017 – Shelved