Yvonne's Reviews > I've Loved These Days

I've Loved These Days by Bethany Turner

bookshelves: chick-lit, romance

I read this book via Readers Review Room. This is my honest review.

Abigail Phelps is a delusional woman. She is encouraged by her psychologist to write down her delusions so that they can be discussed in their sessions. Abigail goes one better and actually writes her memoirs, as she see's them, and has a book deal. Her psychologist reads the book and adds some comments of his own.

Abigail is a beautiful young woman, she knows up and coming film stars, travels the world, meets politicians, sports personalities and becomes famous. WHat is real and what is a fantasy becomes a blur as you read this book. It is an original concept that has been executed very well. While reading you have to remind yourself that you are reading an account of a very delusional, imaginative and clever mind. That the events that have occurred are not true, but in Abigail's mind, they are.

It is quite an odd scenario to read about characters in a book, that are actually real people who are known worldwide. In Abigail's world she is a skater, author, screen writer, friend of film stars, politicians and sportsmen. But when we get down to the basics she is an author with a psychological disorder.

This is a book that will appeal to readers of chick-lit and romance. An original and as far as I am aware, a unique twist on this type of genre. Well worth reading and is one that i would recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Loved These Days.

April 16, 2017 – Started Reading