Lisa *OwlBeSatReading*'s Reviews > Mr Prendergast's Fantastic Find

Mr Prendergast's Fantastic Find by John Brassey

bookshelves: giveaway-i-won, humour

I was so pleased to win this in a Goodreads giveaway, I was in the mood for reading something light-hearted and funny and this ticked both boxes.

Dave Prendergast spent much of his retired life trawling eBay in search of the riches he's promised to his long suffering wife Sheila. After many false starts and disappointments, he finally comes across a listing for what appears to be a pair of very sought-after Japanese vases. Dave HAS to win this auction as he can see a very lucrative future on the horizon.

What follows is a typically British tale of crazy shenanigans which kept me chuckling and thinking 'typical Brit' all the way through. I enjoyed the simplicity of the story, it had a number of little twists that I certainly didn't see coming, and the characters were superbly written.

I really liked how the author portrayed the Prendergast family unit as an average family, with many aspects relatable to a fellow Brit like myself. The relationship between Dave and his wife and son was very amusing and had some lovely heart-warming moments.

Overall, Mr Prendergast's Fantastic Find was immensely enjoyable, I would highly recommend it to anyone who's ever dabbled with eBay in the hope of finding a hidden gem, (I too love eBay and I'm still hoping to get rich quick by this method...yeah...right!!) or if you're in the mood for something quick, entertaining and slightly Britishly Bonkers!

I have only one tiny teeny gripe, I'm not a fan of the cover, I much prefer to visualise the characters my way and not how they look on the cover art. But that's just me I suppose.

I'd like to thank Goodreads for hosting the giveaway, and the kind letter accompanying my bookpost from the author, John Brassey. I will treasure my signed edition for which I am very grateful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr Prendergast's Fantastic Find.

April 15, 2017 – Shelved
November 4, 2017 –
page 154
November 5, 2017 –
page 208
69.33% "This is bonkers! 😂"
November 6, 2017 –
page 242
November 9, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* And now for something completely different! 😀