Sarah's Reviews > The Chapel Car Bride

The Chapel Car Bride by Judith McCoy Miller

“Chapel Car Bride” is one of my new favorite novels. This book is full of history and the author did a wonderful job with this historical romance novel that I could not put down. From start to finish, I couldn't put it down! Pastor Irvine and his daughter, Hope travel along the railroads visiting towns. As they do, they minister, offering church in the chapel car. This opportunity has afforded Hope to spend time with father and minister to children where churches haven't been built yet in many small towns. The time period and setting of the story reminded me of When Calls the Heart for you Hearties fans out there. The setting and character of Hope reminded me of Elizabeth Thatcher, which was lovely, especially since I LOVE that show! Hope ended up in a mining town called, Finch where residents struggle to meet their needs. However their is tension between the mining company and those who live in the mining cabins. Not to mention Kirby who owes a lot of debt for a bad habit. Prices continue to rise and will these minors be able to survive in order to feed their families? Will Hope be able to bring some support to this community? Will a romance burst forth as she settles into this community? The only way to know is to grab this book! I recieved the Chapel Card Bride by Judith Miller compliments of the publisher. This was an awesome book and I loved it. I give this book 5/5 stars. I love the historical context and the story line. I look forward to future novels by Judith Miller.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chapel Car Bride.

Finished Reading