Carly222's Reviews > Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions

Enthralled by Melissa Marr

Aug 10, 2011

bookshelves: own
Read from August 10, 2011 to November 11, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enthralled.

10/04/2011 page 421
91.0% "Only one more story to go!"

Comments (showing 1-19)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 19: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Very envious that you have a copy of this. :)

Carly222 :) i would totally let you borrow it, if only you lived in Nashville...

message 17: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela If only.... :)

Carly222 yes and that was me trying to be subtle and say i wish you lived closer so we could borrow each other's books :)

message 15: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela I got that subtlety, though it's good to know that I was inferring correctly. ;) If either of us get something *really* good, I'll be more than willing to pay shipping to send it back and forth.

Carly222 oh okay cool me too! oh btw that's okay about ARC of Hourglass, though it would have been cool to know what scene it was but maybe someone posted about it somewhere?

message 13: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela I just did a cursory search of her blog and didn't come up with anything obvious. I did see a mention of a deleted kissing scene that she might post with the character Michael, so I'm wondering if that's it.

After it was mentioned at the event, I wanted to ask her about the deleted scene when I went through the signing line, but I knew it would be tacky of me b/c I didn't buy her book!

Carly222 Hmm I wonder if that was it...I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find anything also. Haha you're funny, so who's autograph did you get through the line?

message 11: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela I bought The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab and had it signed. I've heard many good things about it here on Goodreads.

Carly222 Oh yea I've heard good things about that too! I'm trying not to buy any new books right now until I get my TBR pile down a little, but that is definitely on my To Buy list.

message 9: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Ha! If only I would so reasonable as you. I have hundreds of books in our house, plus dozens more on my TBR list for the library, and I still keep buying things. I think I might need an intervention....

Carly222 Um, yeah, after I just wrote that to you...Barnes and Noble emailed me saying they were having a sale and I just bought three new books...but they were part of a series I already have the first two of so, I needed them! At least, that's what I tell myself so I feel better haha. So my TBR isn't quite in the triple digits but if I REALLY let myself buy every single book I wanted, I would probably be there. But I tend to get overwhelmed easily so its probably best I keep my TBR low(er) and that is why I have to tell myself to read what I already have haha.

message 7: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela The only reason that we have so many is that I'm addicted to both McKay's here in Knxoville and the used book sale through the library where I'm a volunteer. I can buy any YA titles at the used book sale for 50 cents for paperback and $1 for hardcover. It's too easy!

P.S. What series did you just buy the rest of? I'm curious.

Carly222 Yes its too hard for me not to go crazy when I go to McKay's here in Nashville and omg that's amazing! I'm going to have to check out the library by my work and see if they have any used book sales. Well its the first five books in the Pretty Little Liars series...i have now gotten them all have price :) My book friend on twitter absolutely loves them and convinced me to get them so i hope they are worth it! I haven't even started the first one haha.

message 5: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Never read the Pretty Little Liars series myself, but I know people are into it now, especially with the show too.

Re: library book sales, they are usually organized by the Friends of the Library organizations associated with each library, so I did a quick Google search and found info about the Nashville sales at the following link: http://www.library.nashville.org/Info.... Also, since I'm the head of the children's/YA section at our sale, I can keep my eye out for things you might want. We don't have a lot of super brand-new stuff coming through, but I can watch for older titles (2010 and prior) that you might want to add to your collection. :)

Carly222 I know and I haven't even seen an episode yet and won't until I read it! Even though tv shows are usually different than the books they are based upon, I didn't want it to spoil anything. Oh cool, I will check that out. Oh sweet! I'll try to think of authors or titles that I might want that are a little older--thanks! :)

message 3: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela I feel like a personal book dealer for my friends and family, so I'm more than willing to add you to my list. :)

Carly222 Haha that's awesome! You should just open your own book store :)

message 1: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Actually, the Friends of the Library have their own book store here, so they've got that covered for me. ;)