Taschima's Reviews > Ghost Town

Ghost Town by Rachel Caine

Aug 10, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from April 24 to 27, 2012

You can find more reviews @BloodyBookaholic

Reading The Morganville Vampires series is like watching a series of episodes from a poplar TV show. As always some episodes are more exciting than others, and while this one had the action and the high stakes I am still waiting for Morganville to tap again into the world changing elements that started on Lord of Misrule and lasted till Carpe Corpus. Ghost Town was still fun and enjoyable as an addition to the Morganville series, and seriously if you have read until book 9 then you will be happy with the developments.

This book served to patch up some of the issues the book precedent to it had left. Frank Collins is addressed, the missing barriers around town, etc. The way the whole issue was resolved left me with a little smile on my face, because it was so... Ironic and sort of perfect. I like how Claire has developed so much from the first book, where she was a victim, all up to this book where she is a leader. We also get interesting developments when it comes to Amelia, Oliver, and Myrnin. Oh Myrnin, be still my heart. The fans can keep Shane, and maybe even Michael (I would have to think about it) but there is just something about Myrnin's craziness and moments of clarity that pull at my heart strings (plus he is like hell-a smart, who doesn't love a genius?). But to be honest he fucked up this time around, big time, but I still forgive him. In his sinister crazy way, his mind sort of couldn't help what it did, not that it justifies him but it gives a bitter sweet sort of feeling to the situation.

I love how as a reader I am able to witness the small but potentially powerful changes that are occurring in Morganville, and I think this installment helps the reader, as well as the characters, to really take a moment and notice how much things have changed, and keep changing. I am a faithful reader and I believe that even though The Morganville Vampires may not be my favorite series it certainly is a must have on your shelf.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Town.

04/24/2012 page 115
04/26/2012 page 176
48.0% "Okay, time to stop reading and study for my final..."
04/27/2012 page 194
53.0% "Ugh, Oliver is such a little asshole."

Sarah Great review hun! I couldn't agree more with everything you said! (Especially the part about Myrnin... I love that crazy vamp ;) <3) I am SOOO excited about Black Dawn's release, I can't wait! :)

Taschima Sezzy wrote: "Great review hun! I couldn't agree more with everything you said! (Especially the part about Myrnin... I love that crazy vamp ;) <3) I am SOOO excited about Black Dawn's release, I can't wait! :)"

I have loved Myrnin since the first time he was introduced, Shane never really grabbed my attention ;)

I actually got Black Dawn for review, which is why I bought the rest of the series so I could get on with it. Now I can just read them back to back! My followers are going to be like WTF! Cause I just did the same thing with the Georgina Kincaid series >.<

So does it get like way better? :D

Sarah My friend is all about Shane (I can't see why, he's a jealous little so & so.. lol).

Ooo, really? You lucky thing! I've had mine pre-ordered since last November lol. I'm sure your followers will understand when you post your review of Black Dawn! :)