Jackie's Reviews > Slow Boat

Slow Boat by Hideo Furukawa

it was ok
bookshelves: arcs

I did not see the point of this book. So many reviews praised the writing and how relevant the story was but I really didn't understand it. I was asking myself where the story was going throughout the whole book and by the end I still have no answer.
The writing was messy and all over the place, letters were missing, the became e, this became is, left became le, it was so annoying to read. This has 120 pages and I basically just forced myself through it because I had hope that at the end we'd get an explanation or ANYTHING.
The only reason I gave this 2 stars is because this is a diverse read as it is set in Tokyo and the characters are mostly all Japanese.
Overall this was just a mess. UGH. Maybe it's just me and I just didn't understand what this book was trying to convey the way other people did but sadly I did not like this at all.

*I received a free ARC from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Boat.

April 13, 2017 – Started Reading
April 13, 2017 – Shelved
April 13, 2017 –
27.0% "Why is this so messy like genuinely MESSY there's letters missing (I think it's done on purpose but it's confusing af) and the MC keeps rambling about different topics like ??????"
April 13, 2017 – Finished Reading
June 11, 2017 – Shelved as: arcs

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Mandy The missing letters aren't deliberate, just the way the review copy is formatted. Annoying though, I agree!