Reid Kemper's Reviews > The Everlasting, Vol. 1: Eye of the Wise: An Original English Light Novel

The Everlasting, Vol. 1 by Biako

Recommended for: fantasy anime fans

I know the author through Vic's Lab, which published both of our books. I hardly ever read fantasy because I'm a scifi guy, but Biako had asked me to read it, so I gave it a try. (Although I stick to sci-fi reading, I do enjoy fantasy anime, martial arts movies, and JRPGs, so it wasn't that difficult for me to get out of my scifi comfort zone to read this).

To be honest, although I rarely read fantasy, I really enjoyed The Everlasting. It’s about a teenage guy who uses warrior arts and is transferred to a school to learn magic. It sounds typical, but the way he uses magic and arts (think Final Fantasy skills) in the story is unique. The campus battle scenes reminded me of playing JRPGs, and reading the story was like watching an anime. Plus it has a good fight scene. It's only downfall is that it uses common anime tropes, but that's easily overlooked. The story keeps you interested and uses magic in a unique way, so I recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Everlasting, Vol. 1.

January 1, 2016 – Started Reading