Alexis Kennedy's Reviews > The Fifth Sacred Thing

The Fifth Sacred Thing by Starhawk

Aug 10, 2011

it was ok
Read from August 10 to 21, 2011

So, I'm late to The Fifth Sacred Thing as a book. I actually didn't even know it existed until I stumbled across Starhawk's movie donation request. In looking at the video she and her partners put together for the movie, it looked to me like this was going to be phenomenal. A utopian, Pagan society coming up against a war machine without using weapons? That's got to be interesting! I just had to get the book.
Luckily, I found it just about the time it was going to e-book, so I got it for my Kindle and took some time over the past week or so to read it.

Unfortunately for me, it was a disappointment. Maybe I got too excited from the visuals. Maybe I expected more from Starhawk. I have tried to remember she wrote it 15 years ago, and I also have to remember that I wasn't a huge fan of The Spiral Dance, either. So, if you're a big Starhawk fan, don't take anything I say to heart here. I did like her 12 Wild Swans book. This one? not so much.

for more on my review go to (note: there are spoiler alerts in the review) http://www.mypaganworld.blogspot.com/...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fifth Sacred Thing.