Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~'s Reviews > The Infernal Battalion

The Infernal Battalion by Django Wexler

bookshelves: 5-star, arc, year-2017, audiobook, lgbt

Geez. What do I even say?

This is literally one of the best fantasy series I have ever read.

It just hit all the right notes for me.

An expansive world set in the age of gun smoke, and upon a foundation of nuanced & well-researched military strategy.

A smartly written story line teeming with interesting magic & a satisfying grand design.

An amazing cast of characters, each with their own unique personalities, each rising to the occasion as necessary, and each capturing me with their individual depth & charm.

In particular, I have to especially mention main character Winter Ihernglass. She is strong. She is competent. She is in touch with her emotions. She brave & complex & powerful in her evolution as a character. She is the female protagonist we all want in our fantasy stories.

This wrap up came with all the drama & tears & resolution I hoped it would.

I'm here to tell you, my heart was in my throat for nearly all 500+ pages. And it was worth it.

I'm so thankful to have found this series, as it's not often that I feel so immediately ready to experience the story I just finished again. A consistently wonderful journey that I foresee rereading many, many times in the future.

The Infernal Battalion is a beautifully fitting conclusion to The Shadow Campaigns. It only leaves me waiting not-so-patiently for the next masterpiece Django Wexler will publish!

description

***Check out my interview with the author here!!***

This review and other reviews of mine can be found on Book Nest!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Infernal Battalion.

April 10, 2017 – Shelved
April 10, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 10, 2017 – Started Reading
October 11, 2017 –
page 100
20.83% "*strangled noises*"
October 18, 2017 –
page 275
57.29% "I am not calm. I AM NOT CALM."
October 19, 2017 –
page 368
76.67% "Oh. OH. I AM NOT CRYING THERE'S JUST SOME EMOTION IN MY EYE. "
October 21, 2017 – Shelved as: 5-star
October 21, 2017 – Shelved as: arc
October 21, 2017 – Shelved as: year-2017
October 21, 2017 – Shelved as: audiobook
October 21, 2017 – Finished Reading
June 15, 2019 – Shelved as: lgbt

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

Jack +Books & Bourbon+ I'm very torn. I've been reading this series almost from day one, so I'm incredibly sad to know that it is ending. On the flipside, I don't want it to overstay its welcome and be diminished through overexposure. First world problems...

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ lol jack I couldn't agree more!! I adore this series & I can't wait to find out how it ends even if it is bittersweet!! 😔💔

Jack +Books & Bourbon+ Much sadness will ensue...

Travis I am so sad to see this story end but like they say, "All good things must come to an end"

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Exactly Travis!! 😭😔

Travis Same Mary, Same!!!!!!!!!

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ -screams with Travis for eternity-

Travis "internally screaming"

Megan *whispers* DOOOOOOO ITTTTT

(also, guess what, book 4 is finally in transit to me at the library, hallelujah)

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ YAY MEGAN HOLY SHIT I HOPE YOU ENJOY

Megan *UNHOLY SCREAMING* HOW DID YOU GET THIS ALREADY ASHNEMSKWKWJDBWBWJWJDNEJWKSLSOSS

Haïfa You deserve it, gorgeous!!! <333

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ MEGANNN *SCREAMS TOO* THE BOOK GODS ARE SMILED IN MY DIRECTION TONIGHT 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Haifaaaa thank you my lovely friend 💕☺️🤗

Megan OKAY BUT IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU BUT ALSO SO INCREDIBLY JEALOUS UGHHHHH

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ THANK YOU MEGAN IM
PRETTY MUCH DEAD WITH DISBELIEF ATM lol I'm so fucked up I said "are smiled" 😂

Jody I am starting this series VERY soon. Good luck on your peace and quite Mary! :)

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ SUCH A GOOD DECISION JODY I love this series & I hope you do too! Thank you, haha! 🤗

Travis AMBULANCE IS ON STANDBY!!!

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ TRAVIS MY HERO 🙌🏽

Megan 😭😭😭😭

Megan A+ review though, Mary 😄

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Megan wrote: "A+ review though, Mary 😄"

THANK YOU BABE CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO READ IT. <3

message 24: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Wonderful review, my darling!! I'm so happy that this series made you so happy!! 💞💞

message 25: by TS (new)

TS Chan Fantastic review, love!! It's such a wonderful feeling to have found a favourite series. 😙

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Thank you so much Celestial! This is one for the history books! (At least the history of Mary hehe) 😂💕

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ TS thank you it truly is I love this series with all my heart! I hope you Celeste and Haifa will as well! ☺️😘