Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~'s Reviews > The Price of Valour

The Price of Valour by Django Wexler

bookshelves: year-2017, audiobook, 5-star, lgbt

WHEW!

What. A. Ride.

Well, I think it's safe to say this is turning out to be one of my all-time favorite series.

I'm 10000% engaged with every single aspect of The Shadow Campaigns.

The politics are intriguing & elaborate with elements that continuously surprise me. The characters are teeming with individuality & complexity; they seem so real that at times I'm taken aback by how acutely I feel my emotions for them.

The perspectives seamlessly interlace into a precise, intelligent story line. All the hints of secrecy & sorcery keep me thorough spellbound.

When I read this series, I'm lost in it. I'm absolutely absorbed by it.

I'm hearing the deadly crack of musket balls in my ears. I'm feeling my heart tremble with the ground beneath the pounding of soldiers' feet. The looming threat of magic & unbridled fanaticism sends the anxiety flowing through every inch of me.

The Price of Valour is a wonderfully consistent installment in this series that I adore.

Honestly, everything about this is just so well constructed & I immensely enjoy every moment that I am able to spend in this world. I'm shocked at how underrated this series is, as it includes so much that I've heard people wishing for in their High Fantasy!

***Check out my interview with the author here!!***

This review and other reviews of mine can be found on Book Nest!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Price of Valour.

April 10, 2017 – Shelved
April 10, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
May 8, 2017 – Started Reading
May 8, 2017 –
27.0% "I just want my babies to be ok that's literally all I ever want."
May 17, 2017 –
40.0% "Be still my heart 💔"
May 18, 2017 –
51.0% "Oh my god if this doesn't stop being a thing I'm going to be H O S T I L E af 😡"
May 23, 2017 –
71.0% "GOOD. FUCKING. RIDDANCE."
May 25, 2017 –
97.0% "UGH my goddddd *experiences all five stages of grief at once*"
May 25, 2017 – Shelved as: year-2017
May 25, 2017 – Shelved as: audiobook
May 25, 2017 – Finished Reading
May 29, 2017 – Shelved as: 5-star
June 15, 2019 – Shelved as: lgbt

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)

message 1: by Nimrod (new)

Nimrod Daniel Enjoyyyyyyyy :)

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ YES THANK YOU *screams*

message 3: by Terry (new)

Terry Nice review, Mary! So I'm taking it that you like this a lot better than the Powder Mage series?

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Thank you Terry!! In two words? HELL YES. In fact I'm pretty sure this series is partially responsible for ruining Powder Mage for me although I have a hunch I would've struggled with it either way haha!

message 5: by Terry (new)

Terry Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ wrote: "Thank you Terry!! In two words? HELL YES. In fact I'm pretty sure this series is partially responsible for ruining Powder Mage for me although I have a hunch I would've struggled with it either way..."

Good to know! Maybe reading Powder Mage first will work out better for me than it did for you :)

message 6: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko Wow! It sounds great and right up my alley:-) Thanks for the endorsement ☺

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Awh Terry I hope it does!! :D

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Haha it definitely is Choko!! I hope you love it! ☺️

Travis Awesome and well written review Mary!!! This makes me want to reread the series before the final book, The Infernal Battalion comes out in January!!!!!

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Thank you so much Travis!! Omg I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL JANUARY SOMEONE PINCH ME

Jody Great review Mary! I can't wait to start this. :)

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ LOL Craig it's a fair statement I know I'm picky with my faves! 😜thanks dear this one sure hit the spot after a couple meh reads!

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Thank you Jody!! Dude this one is awesome I hope you love it!!

message 14: by David (new)

David H Okay, with enthusiasm like that, I will have to read this series. :o)

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Yes!! Awesome David I really hope you love it as much as I do!! ☺️

Haïfa YEP ! I LOVE your passionate reviews !! 😍

message 17: by ☽Luna☾ (new)

☽Luna☾ Great review!

message 18: by Nimrod (new)

Nimrod Daniel Great review! I really I want to read this series. I read the prequel and it was really really great!! :)

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Thank you Haifa love!! 😍😍💕

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Thank you Sarah! 💕👏🏽

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Thank you Nim! The whole series is wonderfulllllllllllll 😭😂

Megan CAN WE PLEASE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW AMAZING AND INCREDIBLE ALL THESE WOMEN ARE???? UGHH This series is just the gift that keeps on giving.

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ MEGAN. MEGANNNN! IT'S JUST THE ABSOLUTE BEST AM I RIGHT!? Tbh this series ruined me for other Flintlock Fantasy I'm just not sure how something else is going to steal my heart the way this has I am SO GLAD YOU ARE ALSO ENJOYING IT! NOW ON TO THE NEXT ONE RIGHT!? ❤️

Megan AYYYY WORDS JUST CAN'T HOW MUCH I LOVE AND ALL THE CHARACTERS, like I feel like Janus is gonna take over the world and pull some incredibly sneaky shit, but you know, I probably honestly wouldn't mind? Dude, like, Sothe could stab me, and I'd be thanking her for the honour XD.

UGH I WISH but all the copies are unavailable at the library so I HAVE TO WAIT :'( It better come soon, is all I'm saying. I don't think I can handle too much of a wait.

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ LOL ALL OF THAT IS SO TRUE. AND RAES CAN PUNCH ME IN THE FACE TOO IF SHE WANTS. AND WINTER 😍😍😍😍 lord have mercy I'm smitten af ❤️❤️❤️❤️ (also I may or may not have named my car Marcus... 😬)

FUCK OMG THE LIBRARY NEEDS TO GET ON IT OH MY GOD. *magics a copy to your door*

Megan THE SYSTEM HAS THREE COPIES AND ONE WAS LITERALLY DUE YESTERDAY???? BUT IT STILL HASN'T BEEN RETURNED, AND THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE AN ASSHOLE AND DO THE WHOLE OVER-DUE BOOK THING, PEOPLE. Can we get Ionkovo on this please

RAES COULD TOTALLY PULL A FARO ON ME AND FALL OFF THE TOP OF THE VENDRE ONTO SPIKEY ROCKS AND I'D STILL CALL HER MY QUEEN UGH.

OMG WINTER. AND ABBY. AND BOBBY. AND CYTE - HELLO DARLINGS. HONESTLY IM A PUDDLE EVERYTIME ONE OF THEM SO MUCH AS SPEAKS. AND JAAAANNNNNEE MY DARLING JANE. Just. Everyone. I love everyone.

HAHAHAHAH THAT IS THE BEST. MARCUS, THAT CHIVALROUS BASTARD. He's so protective I love him, bless his soul. I absolutely LIVE for his and Janus' relationship, honestly those two are so precious.

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ lol I sincerely hope that you get your book very soon because the last one is amazeeeeiiiiinnnnnnggggggggg ❤️

Ahhh I must tell you tho (view spoiler) but EVERYONE ELSE YES 😂

Megan Ugh, so do I! Honestly, hearing you say that makes me all kinds of anxious and excited, like I'm feeling there's going to be some serious twists and heartbreak up ahead potentially. And I'm not sure I'm ready for that hahah.

AW NO NOT JANE, but okay, I see your point. Still love her though. And I am totally joining you in being Winter's girlfriend. Let's start a harem.

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Girl. Lemme just tell you you are not ready. I AM NOT READY FOR THE LAST BOOK OMG #dead I can't wait for you to get your hands on Guns of Empire!!

lol almost all my updates for the last couple books have to do with how much I despise her 😬😂 HAREM TIME IM HERE FOR IT ❤️

Megan Aww yikes. Well, you'll be the first to know when it finally bloody shows up ahaha.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I am currently a 100 pages into this and wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments.

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Oh my god Arthur that makes me SO FRICKIN HAPPY JUST WAIT GUNS OF EMPIRE IS MY FAVORITE 🙌🏽