Sue's Reviews > Hickey

Hickey by Cora Brent

I love second chance romances...and although some may not like the reasoning behind the first big break-up and long separation...I get it. Teenage love/romance/marriage is always very emotional, all-consuming and feels like it will last "forever and ever" because the hormones are flying high, youth is very optimistic about the future and first everything (sex, love and all that goes with it) is always so exciting. I remembered those feelings as I read Cess and Bran's story and even though there were parts of it that ticked me off and characters I wanted to slap...I really got into the book and enjoyed reading their journey.
This author always writes very heart-felt and touching stories about real people and not fantasy men/women who you wouldn't meet in your real life....and I appreciate that very much.
A sweet, sad, touching and at times, frustrating small-town romance between two people who met and fell in love before it was the right time...but came together for a second chance with no guarantee of an HEA. Loved it!

***** 4.5 ***** "he was always her hero" stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hickey.

Finished Reading