Silver James's Reviews > An Indecent Proposal

An Indecent Proposal by Katee Robert

bookshelves: 2017-books-read, keeper, library, romance, suspense, dark-and-dirty, 2021-books-read, audio-books, reread
Read 3 times. Last read May 10, 2021 to May 16, 2021.

An Indecent Proposal (The O'Malleys, #3) by Katee Robert 2021: What I said before.

Original review: I sort of have a love/hate relationship with the O'Malleys and the other denizens in the criminal underbelly of Boston they inhabit. That's likely a good thing because the author has created realistic characters that are both likeable and not. This series is painted in shades of gray rather than black and white. Cillian O'Malley is the bad boy O'Malley. Aiden (and I'm waiting for his story!) is the heir. Carrigan is the wild child who turns her back (her story is book 2). Teague is the protector (book 1). Then there's Cillian, the middle of 7, with a younger brother and two sisters following. His role in the family is cemented early on and he's okay with that, but still, he's led of life of debauchery with no real responsibility. That all changes one dark night. (No spoilers, but read book 1). Six months later, his life on hold, he meets Olivia, the bartender at his favorite pub. She's the illegitimate daughter of the New York Russian mob's former leader, her half-brother is now in charge, and Dmitri played a big part in book 2. (Curious about his story, too. Hopefully, it will come once the O'Malley siblings' stories are told.)

This book was slower to unfold than the first two. The action, what there was of it, was compressed into the last quarter of the book. This is a character-driven story--one of relearning to trust, to accept what can't be changed, of growing up. Cillian, and Olivia to a degree, come to terms with the past, the present, and the future. I liked the book. Eventually, it will move off my "library" list to my "I own this book" list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Indecent Proposal.

June 4, 2016 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
June 4, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
April 8, 2017 – Started Reading
April 8, 2017 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
April 8, 2017 – Shelved as: library (Kindle Edition)
April 9, 2017 – Shelved
April 9, 2017 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
April 10, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-books-read