Ury949's Reviews > Trizophrenia: Inside the Minds of a Triathlete

Trizophrenia by Jef Mallett

Aug 09, 2011

bookshelves: non-fiction
Recommended for: any triathlete, beginner or otherwise
Read in August, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I was looking for a guide on triathlons because I was about to run my first - but they were all the same, more or less. All told you what the different kinds of tri's are, how to train for the swim, what to eat, a work-out schedule... and it was all stuff I could have found online anyways. This book was different.

It's a commentary, or ranting if you will, written by a comedian who also has raced many triathlons. He talks about people knocking over your stuff in the transition area, how crazy your co-workers will think you are, how an expensive bike won't do you any good if you don't ride it fast enough, how you'll do the same amount of stuff in a day whether or not your train, and the pros and cons of peeing in your wetsuit. He also writes about the point of view of your spouse who doesn't race. I'm glad I picked up this book because it gave me a better idea of what the race would really be like - and how it will be like in the future. And I don't think I would have had the patience to read a normal triathlon guide book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trizophrenia.