Moitrayee Bhaduri's Reviews > Sia

Sia by Prionka Ray

Apr 09, 2017

I don’t know I loved ‘Sia’ more because of Prionka Ray’s gripping writing style or because of the beautiful story at its core that left me moist-eyed.
‘Sia’ is the story of a simple girl who meanders through life’s challenges - rediscovering herself with each experience. The author’s narrative style got me hooked and I completed the book at one go. As I moved from one page to the other, I travelled along with Sia on her journey through life across Benaras, Bali, and Mumbai. I was touched by the portrayal of Munni, Sia’s sister. Munni’s adolescent dreams, her zest for life, and her undaunted spirit have been beautifully depicted by the author. What is even more interesting is when Sia sees a glimpse of her rebel sister in her daughter Mili, who belongs to a different generation, has a different upbringing, and has different goals in life. Yet, somewhere there is a connect which only Sia can sense.
Sia’s dilemmas, the clarity in her thoughts, her vulnerability as well as her strengths – make this a memorable book.
The reader will not just identify with Sia – they will love her. I surely did. I look forward to reading more from the author. And yes, this book deserves to be made into a movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sia.

March 1, 2017 – Started Reading