David Palmacci's Reviews > The Essential Mystics: Selections from the World's Great Wisdom Traditions

The Essential Mystics by Andrew Harvey

20385
Mar 08, 2007

bookshelves: nonfiction
Recommended for: anyone with an open mind

Amazingly full of meaning and connection to the truth our lives are more than what we see, that instead we are apart of something beyond what we can imagine in our present consciousness.
The best way to describe this book in my own words is the following; consider the fact there are many religions around the world. Each religion is a sort of path. This book states the principles of those "paths", and when you know the different paths you start to see a map of all of them leading to the same place. The world and its history have shown us how groups of different beliefs and ways of life fight amongst each other over who is right and who is wrong, when the fundamental truth is that we all travel to the same destination which is the next step of our existence into what is good.
This book covers Islam, Judaism, Greek Philosophy, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Christianity.
I recommend it to anyone who seeks a positive enlightenment in your life.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Essential Mystics.