Rebecca's Reviews > How to Make a Living with Your Writing: Books, Blogging and More

How to Make a Living with Your Writing by Joanna Penn

bookshelves: to-read-writing-business

A short book and a great value. I listened to the audiobook over the course of one weekend while doing other activities- exercise, dishes, etc. The narration was excellent. If you are a Creative Penn Podcast listener, many of the points covered will be familiar to you- have multiple streams of income, don’t rely on one company to sell your products, and the benefits of content marketing (give away quality content for free so people start to trust you and eventually buy your products).

I’m glad she wrote this book, it takes the wisdom of her experience and lays it out in an organized fashion, making it more accessible compared to listening to the podcast backlist (over 300 episodes!) or searching her website (hundreds of articles!) I liked part 1 because it summarized what I had already learned by listening to her podcast. I also liked part 2 because it explored topics I know less about, such as how to publish an audiobook and how affiliate income works.

Joanna Penn is a successful author-entrepreneur who practices what she preaches. She provides a great broad-level overview and actionable advice regarding the many ways a person can earn money with their writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Make a Living with Your Writing.

April 8, 2017 – Shelved