Jason Dimmick's Reviews > Steelheart

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

62720712
Apr 08, 2017

Highly enjoyed this book and Brandon Sanderson's writting. The only reason I gave it four stars and not five is because Sanderson tends to repeat the same lines when explaining things like the epics weaknesses or how David (The point of view the story is from) feels in a certin situation. I could see if this happened in a case were information was given at the begining of the book then again near the end to remind us but often this happens within just a couple chapters.

The thing about this book that really drew me in is Sanderson's take on people who have been given powers, called epics. In more of a realistic approach, the epics have all become tyrants who have no regaurd for normal people. They abouse the powers they have and use them simply for their own gains. It makes you wonder what people would actually become if things like this really happen. The old saying "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutly" comes to life in this wonderfull tale of one young man's quest for revenge that will prove that hero's are not made by what they have been given but by the struggles the come through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steelheart.

March 20, 2017 – Started Reading