Floryie's Reviews > Chirp

Chirp by Ann Everett

bookshelves: 2017
Read 2 times. Last read April 8, 2017 to April 12, 2017.

While reading the book, I had only 2 thoughts - Wicked characters and it's one of those books!

By that, I mean it's the kind of book I can reread anytime and any number of times. It was a bit different from other books of the author. For one, it was a bit longer. That's how I felt when I was reading it. Each scene was detailed and vivid. Another is that it was a bit more graphic on details.

The author has done a great job of pairing an ex con with a mouthy virgin. Oh my! I love the couple! Where do I start? Rance is such a bad boy with a good heart. He comes with a big chip on his shoulder. But then life happened and so I can forgive his attitude. He has a huge heart and that shows clearly from the beginning in his interactions with Blaze. As for Blaze, wow, a totally unfiltered gal who spouts what comes to mind at all times. This makes for a very interesting few situations. There were places where I blurted out a few laughs. And that's what endears this book to me!

The story itself isn't too complicated. It's a bit straight forward but what makes it special are the characters. In addition to Rance and Blaze, I loved meeting Rance's brothers and their loves. Yeah they kind of find their own girls in this book. It all makes for a complementary side story. It adds to the charm of the small town story and sky rockets the romance vibe.

Speaking of romance, the heat was bit higher than compared to the author's other works. That was kind of expected because of Rance. The romance was hard and slow especially on Rance's part. He is so stubborn! Argh! I felt Blaze could have prolonged the ending a bit for Rance. Ha I would have loved to see him groveling a bit more.

I recommend this book to romance readers with a penchant for quirky characters.

I received a copy for reviewing purposes.

My one line review : A set of quirky characters and an adamant romance.

My rating : 5/5

My reread factor : 4/5

Floryie
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chirp.

Finished Reading
April 8, 2017 – Started Reading
April 8, 2017 – Shelved
April 8, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017
April 12, 2017 – Finished Reading
April 13, 2017 –
49.0% "This is longer than I expected but so full of goodness - neat characters, wicked protagonists..I have a feeling I will be rereading this book often.."

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann Everett Floryie,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking time to post a review here on Goodreads. I'm thrilled you liked Blaze, Rance and their crew. I think I'll always be a little bit in love with Rance! Such a bad boy turned good. He and Blaze and some of the other characters just may make an appearance in the next two books which will also be set in Bluebird, Texas.
Thanks again for the kind review. It means the world to me.
~Ann