Tanya's Reviews > Emily and Einstein

Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee

1995137
Aug 09, 2011

bookshelves: 5-stars, read-in-2011, librarybook

Alluring title - cute book cover - beautiful story. Emily's husband, Alexander (Sandy) dies in an accident and comes back to life, sort of, in the body of a dog (Einstein). I will say that I almost stopped reading the book after about 30 pages because Sandy was really a scumbag and even given this second chance to life wasn't changing as much as I wanted him too. However, I continued on and so glad I did. Emily is very likable and there are so many characters getting second chances in this story. It is more than Emily and Einstein but also a story of Emily, her sister, Jordan, and their mother who wanted to make an impact on the world as well as a story of Sandy and his mother and how grief, and a smart little dog, can heal hearts.

Emily works in the publishing world and having always wanted to write childrens books and tinkered in the profession of editing, that part of the plot was fascinating to me and a wonderful addition to Emily's passion. Sandy was a really horrible guy and he wasn't meant to change overnight. The process had to be lengthy and the reader is really sucked in to see how it will all pan out.

For a book that I almost didn't finish reading, it turned into a beautifully, written novel that touched my heart and even made me cry at the end. Such a special story. Loved it!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emily and Einstein.

August 9, 2011 – Started Reading
August 9, 2011 – Shelved
August 9, 2011 –
page 34
9.55% "Interesting and curious how this will develop .."
Finished Reading