Linda Quick's Reviews > Viable Threat

Viable Threat by Julie Rowe

Wow! This book is non stop and had me turning pages just as quickly as possible - it's fast paced action at its best. In it, River, a special forces soldier, is assigned to assist Ava, a CDC physician, investigate a horrible illness sweeping the area. As they investigate, it quickly becomes apparent that the illness is a deliberate action and not a random occurrence.

They rush from scene to scene - Reeves providing the security and door "keys" and Ava the microbiology skills. They encounter many people that try to thwart them and some that just want them dead. Despite the serious subject matter, there a bits of humor that made me laugh out loud and a bit of romance. I loved the characters and felt invested in their story. River is swoon-worthy, but imperfect with ghosts of his own, while Ava is haunted by different ghosts from her past.

This novel also contained a line that I just loved: "Any idiot can go through life without making enemies...Congratulations. It takes character and intelligence to make people want to kill you." If that quote appeals to you, you will love this book.

This is a must read book for fans of the genre. You'll want to put this one at the top of your TBR. I'm adding the author to my must read authors' list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Viable Threat.

Started Reading