Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Claiming the Enemy: Dustin

Claiming the Enemy by Jamie Begley

bookshelves: 2018, bittersweet, favorite-series, romance

Excellent addition to the Porter trilogy!

I laughed and I cried reading it. Yet, again another book that made me cry while on a plane. My poor husband kept on asking me if I was all right. Thankfully, I was in the window seat, so no one else was privy to my madness.

Dustin is the youngest Porter brother. He has a son that he loves and a respectable business despite the reputation his family inherited. His dad was tough on him and his only friend growing up was Jessie Hayes. Jessie's dad and Dustin's dad hated each other and after a nasty event, Dustin broke off his relationship with Jessie for good.

Dustin, like his siblings, has something to hide. Something that only family and I guess the Last Riders know about him. Or maybe I should say that he has three secrets but I won't tell you those. What I can tell you, is that Dustin takes charge when Jessie goes missing after being brutally attacked and left for dead. I can tell you that he's extremely patient and careful with her and when the time comes, he will tell her exactly what he wants from her.

Jessie has always loved Dustin. She has followed his life, his happy and sad moments from afar and I felt sorry for her for not moving forward. I'm not sure I like the idea that a woman is pinning her life on a man and will wait forever for him despite not knowing if he cares for her. The only time I saw Jessie shine was at work or when she was firm with her brothers. I think those situations saved her from being a doormat.

One of the reasons why I continue reading the work of Jamie Begley is because of the huge character pool she has created. There are so many characters that I love and that I enjoy seeing them reappear even if it is a tiny cameo.

The one character who shined in this book was Greer. He has become one of my favorite characters in the series. I hope to see more of him in the Last Riders.

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claiming the Enemy.

April 6, 2017 – Shelved
April 6, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 2, 2018 – Started Reading
October 2, 2018 – Finished Reading
October 6, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018
October 6, 2018 – Shelved as: bittersweet
October 6, 2018 – Shelved as: favorite-series
October 6, 2018 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

❤️ Paulette "Happy Reading & I hope you enjoy L💕ve 💙

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: ""Happy Reading & I hope you enjoy L💕ve 💙"
Thank you, Paulette!

❤️ Paulette Sheyla ✎ wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: ""Happy Reading & I hope you enjoy L💕ve 💙"
Thank you, Paulette!"

❤🎧 Always pleasure L💕ve 💙💋 & I see you finish the book ❥So glad you enjoying

Sheyla ✎ I did. It was good

❤️ Paulette Sheyla ✎ wrote: "I did. It was good"
Always pleasure when we find good read. may your next be as good or better L💕veツ