Jo's Reviews > Chasing Christmas Eve

Chasing Christmas Eve by Jill Shalvis

bookshelves: 4-5-stars, book-boyfriend, feel-good-read, gr2017, heroines-i-love, mine

description

I have a weakness for smart, sexy nerds with glasses so obviously I have been very fascinated by Spencer Baldwin since the first moment he was introduced. With his dry wit and quiet demeanour, how he believed that he couldn’t have love and success, I just wanted to hug him. I loved how he wasn’t your usual alpha hero, he was sweet and just very sexy.

I love quirky heroines and Colbie Albright was just adorable with her ability to laugh at herself. I also loved that she was a writer, which was actually the reason why she needed to spend time away from her responsibilities like her family (she’s the one who takes care of everyone) and her agent who was demanding she meet her deadline which wasn’t going so well. I loved how her pockets were always filled with little notes she made for herself for book research and how she adopted a stray cat even though she was on vacation.

My life doesn’t work without you in it.

I loved how fateful their romance felt, like a stroke of serendipity. I also enjoyed that their romance was more of a slow burn despite the instant attraction, probably because they (especially Spence) refused to see at first that they could have anything more permanent because both of them had been burned by love in the past and also because they didn’t live in the same city. The chemistry between them was amazing and the sexy times very scorching.

“Maybe we should go to the gym later and do some crunches or something,” Willa said, sounding less than enthused about this prospect.
Kylie shook her head. “My brain just auto-corrected the word crunches to cupcakes. And we all know that once you lick off the frosting, a cupcake is really just a muffin. Which is almost a serving of fruit, as Colbie pointed out.”

The group of friends were hilarious as always, although I will admit Elle really pissed me off. I usually love how protective she is over her friends but she took things too far in this book.

This has been another winner by Ms. Shalvis, a small town romance filled with heart and humor and I enjoyed myself immensely. A definitely must read for all contemporary romance fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Christmas Eve.

April 6, 2017 – Shelved
October 20, 2017 – Shelved as: feel-good-read
October 20, 2017 – Shelved as: gr2017
October 20, 2017 – Shelved as: heroines-i-love
January 21, 2018 – Shelved as: mine

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Terrific review Jo ;) xo

message 2: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ wrote: "Terrific review Jo ;) xo"

Thank you, Alicia!! xo

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Wonderful review love 💕😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Yay! Another fab review! 💕😊

message 5: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Yay! Another fab review! 💕😊"

Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Wonderful review love 💕😊"

*blushes* Thank you so much, sweetie!!!

message 6: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Triad Great review Jo! :) x

message 7: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Sophia wrote: "Great review Jo! :) x"

message 8: by Jaya (new) - added it

Jaya You sold me on this one Jo. Awesome review!!
can it be read as a standalone?

message 9: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Jaya wrote: "You sold me on this one Jo. Awesome review!!
can it be read as a standalone?"

Thanks so much, Jaya! And yay, I hope you like it too :-)
Yes, it can be read as a stand alone.

message 10: by Jaya (new) - added it

Jaya Great! :))

message 11: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Amazing review, Jo! Glad it was a winner! :)

message 12: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Fab review Jo 💙

message 13: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Deborah wrote: "Fab review Jo 💙"

Nazanin wrote: "Amazing review, Jo! Glad it was a winner! :)"