Rachel K's Reviews > Hickey

Hickey by Cora Brent

it was ok

** spoiler alert ** Hero asks the heroine to marry him when they're 18 old. A few months later. His drinking is out of control and they end up arguing more and more. Then he lets the heroine believe he cheated on her with his stepsister (the same stepsister he'd been having an on-again-off-again thing with before hooking up with the heroine) knowing she'll leave. He then joins the army and comes back to find her seven years later.

Both of them moved on. Not much is said about the hero but I assume he had a very active sex life but it's been a while since he had sex when he sees the heroine again. (He got lots before the heroine so it makes sense he would after.) I can count on one hand how many men the heroine has been with since the hero and all of it was really bad sex (can't have the heroine actually having fun, right?).

I was disappointed with how quickly they fell back into bed. He didn't really have an excuse as to why he waited so long to come after her (especially since he's never stopped loving her)...just something about how he thought he was doing what was best for her blah blah blah. But they worked it out. Seemed a bit 'meh' but whatever.

And of course, the heroine and the stepsister are great friends in the epilogue...because that makes sense!! So the hero gets to hang out with the heroine and his ex fuck buddy on the regular. Awesome! :/

Off to read a book recommended to me earlier from someone who has similar tastes to mine :)

So glad this was KU!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hickey.

Started Reading
April 6, 2017 – Shelved
April 6, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Great review, Rachel! Thanks for the heads-up.
I agree: (can't have the heroine actually having fun, right?) Why a woman always has bad sex and only H can satisfy her? Arrrggghhh!!! The same in almost every single book... *facepalm*

Rachel K Alex wrote: "Great review, Rachel! Thanks for the heads-up.

Thanks Alex :)

I'm still hoping that authors will realise that there are a lot of us out there that are tired of reading the same shit over and over...

message 3: by Nanci (new)

Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty Ugh. Passing. Thanks :)

message 4: by Cyndi (new) - added it

Cyndi Nasty! Thanks for the info!

message 5: by Rejane (new) - added it

Rejane Not reading this. Besides, why on earth authors think it’s cool to make the heroine friends with hero’s ex fuck buddy? This is beyond ridiculous and delusional. Not even going to comment on the heroine’s sex life after hero. But I think it serves her right if she’s someone who can befriend a person who had sex with her husband.

message 6: by Kiki (new)

Kiki I’d actually like to know if these authors EVER actually had real relationships or actual sex lives? Or are they 16 year olds disguised as adults who thinks it IS romantic to have a manwhore because they oh so “tamed” them?

message 7: by Rejane (new) - added it

Rejane I don’t think so or, maybe, it may be authors own experience. Who knows??
I think it’s very gross being friends with someone who slept with your partner. Would they exchange facts??

message 8: by Kiki (new)

Kiki Would you like to discuss how unsatisfactory your husband was in bed last night over a cappuccino or a glass of Chardonnay? No? That’s what I thought. *gags*

message 9: by Rejane (new) - added it

Rejane Maybe Tequila would be more appropriate. It goes down burning your throat. Lol