Alia's Reviews > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult

Aug 09, 2011

it was ok
Read in August, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This book was given to me as a present. I've read Jodi picoult's my sister's keeper and enjoyed the story line, style of writing and all. However, this book is different.

It's a bit boring. I didn't know it's about domestic violence. I feel certain parts aren't necessary and can be taken out especially the native american story. Will's character was not strong enough to deserve a place in the story so I skipped most of it. I was actually more interested in cassie and alex. Cassie and Alex both came from troubled childhood. They both haven't let go of their past completely. I was able to empathise with both characters throughout the story. The beating part was hard to read though.

My opinion on Alex, well...putting aside his abusive side, Alex could have been the best husband and father. He was sweet and loyal to cassie when he was himself. He was hurt when cassie left him and he waited for her patiently, giving the space she needed. I was surprised with this side of him. I think that made it hard for cassie to leave him so she kept giving him another chance, hoping he'd change. I was actually hoping he'd change when he met Connor. Oh well, a leopard doesn't change its spots. Glad cassie finally left him.

I continued reading because i wanted to know the ending. Would i give it a second read? I don't think so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Picture Perfect.