Jodie's Reviews > Ruckus

Ruckus by L.J. Shen

May 27, 2017

it was ok
bookshelves: genre-adult, genre-realistic, genre-romance, i-own-ebook

I adored Viscious, so I was excited to read this one.

Often times when characters have so much history together before actually getting together, I feel disconnected from them because I wasn't there for all of the history, but I didn't feel that way with this.

In saying that, I did feel a bit disconnected from Rosie and Dean at times. It was weird, I just never felt like I got to know them. Perhaps they weren't developed enough to feel real. I also felt like I didn't understand their relationship - what drew them to each other? Why are they pursuing each other aside from a ten year history? I have no idea.

I found the "conflict" in this vaguely annoying. Rosie's parents with her illness, Rosie and Dean with him being her sisters ex (she dated him 10 years ago, who even cares?) both things felt a little weak.

I guess my main drama with this was that I failed to grasp why they even liked each other. How did they fall for each other? It seemed to be just a given that they were always obsessed with each other, but why? I have no idea.

I actually ended up putting this one down a few times, and reading other books in between, so I guess this wasn't for me... Would still read another from this author though, but this one didn't resonate with me. I skimmed a lot of the second half.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruckus.

April 6, 2017 – Shelved