Leah (Jane Speare)'s Reviews > Forgotten

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

4019095
Aug 08, 2011

Excellent premise and executed wonderfully. It's a quick but engaging read, and I had to stop myself last night from finishing it because i realized it was already 2am. That hadn't happened to me in a looong time.

HIGHLY recommended if you're looking for something psychological and thought-provoking for a change, instead of the run of the mill YA paranormal stuff that gets less interesting with every new release.

The only book I can compare it to is the Everafter by Amy Huntley. An odd sort of book, with powers you accept into reality without a whole explanation, and that emotional feeling you get. Or I got. So they are kind of similar in that aspect.

The whole idea is so weird, it takes a few pages to get used too. Her remembering the future, but not the past. You just have to think backwards, and it all makes sense. And it's all so *interesting* so you just have to keep reading. But not what's going to happen like in most plots, but what happened in her past. Does that make sense? It will after you finish it.

And yes, the romance part is a little corny, but sweet.

To use my favorite term: "mind-bending" pretty much sums it up! So go read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten.

Quotes Leah Liked

Cat Patrick
“The boy in the closet is your boyfriend. He loves you and will tell you all about last night.”
Cat Patrick, Forgotten

August 8, 2011 – Shelved
November 3, 2011 – Started Reading
November 3, 2011 –
page 230
75.66% "wow, this is seriously really cool."
November 3, 2011 – Finished Reading

Rishelle This looks good u should read it soon and tell me how it is

Leah (Jane Speare) Okay

Mallory Review! Hopefully on its way...recommend it?

Leah (Jane Speare) review up! I am so giving this to you. Library.

Mallory Awesome! Sounds great. When library?

Leah (Jane Speare) Um. Tomorrow maybe. I will be going to Rishelle's for her bday party, so I *might* be able to drop it off on the way? Otherwise, next week. Keep your phone handy.

Mallory Okay.

Rishelle So it was good! Do u think id like it? Can i borrow it after mal?