Ari 's Reviews > Hello Forever

Hello Forever by Nealy Wagner

Jul 06, 2017

Original review: The Daydreaming Bookworm

*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

*3.5 Stars!*

Axel Armitage is currently on the fence about accepting a job offer to join the sports-marketing team at Barmuth University. While watching the team play on TV, he spots a familiar face among the crowd; the face of a boy he thought he would never see again. It is then that Axel decides to accept the job offer in hopes of finding this boy from his past and maybe even rekindling what they once had. But when Axel finally comes face-to-face with Cax Williams, their reunion does not go as smoothly as he has hoped. Circumstances that drove once these two apart come back into play and if Axel and Cax want a second shot at being together, they’re going to have to fight for it.

After having read and enjoyed Goodbye Paradise, I was excited to dive into Hello Forever for some more small town M/M romances. Hello Forever is a second-chance romance about two people who find their way back to each other after having been torn apart due to the expectations of ignorant individuals. I kind of expected Hello Forever to be on the sweet side like Goodbye Paradise, but it’s the total opposite. Hello Forever has a bit more drama and to be honest, it was a little bit too much for me. I blame this all on the villain: Cax’s father. To put it nicely, Cax’s father is a homophobic bastard who deserved so much worse than he got. Seriously, that man is vile and every scene involving him made my blood boil. There’s also a bit of a graphic scene towards to end, so fair warning if you decide to read this book.

I completely adored Axel! Axel has a big personality and he’s so sweet and fun to be around and I connected with his character immediately. I loved how patient he was with Cax and how he was so attentive to all his needs. Cax on the other hand took some time to warm up to. I think the reason I had a hard time connecting with him is that I couldn’t really get a good idea for who he was. Cax was always taking care of everyone else, which is understandable considering what he has to deal with, but I just wished that I got to see his personality more. I did like Cax’s relationship with his younger brothers and how he was willing to do anything for them. He truly is an amazing big brother. The romance was okay for me. I didn’t completely love it or hate it, but I just wanted more. Axel and Cax haven’t seen each other in years and hoping for more of a built-up until things finally exploded between the two. I wanted more angst, a little more passion but I’m happy that they got the ending they waited so long for.

But one of my most favorite things about this book was seeing Caleb and Josh again! I love these two so much and how they were so supportive of Axel and Cax throughout this book. And can we take a minute to talk about how cute Josh is with all the babies?! I think he will make an amazing father one day and I hope we get to see him as a father in future books. *This is me hoping that Jason gets his own book so I can catch up with my faves.*

While I didn’t completely love Hello Forever like I had hoped, I did enjoy it for the most part. I do hope that Sarina Bowen will continue to expand this series because I’m not ready to say goodbye to this world and these characters just yet and I just want to spend a little more time with my faves!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hello Forever.

April 5, 2017 – Shelved