mlady_rebecca's Reviews > Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life Is Your Hidden Strength

Introvert Power by Laurie A. Helgoe

I'm still taking notes on this one, but it seems like a good time to cap things with a review.

These are the main points I took away from this book.

1) Introverts are in the majority in the US - 57% - despite America being a very extroverted culture.

2) Introverts come in two flavors: Accessible Introverts who almost look like extroverts on the outside and Shadow Dwellers who are your more stereotypical introvert.

3) "Introverts are drawn to worlds more exotic or complex than what is immediately available. Whether we like hanging out in fantasy, spiritual contemplation, mental investigation, artistic creation, or wilderness exploration ....

4) Introverts prefer talking about ideas, over talking about people and what they've been doing.

And, 5) Since we are in the majority, we should teach other people about introversion, and work to pull the benefits of introversion into our daily lives.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Introvert Power.

August 8, 2011 – Shelved
August 8, 2011 – Shelved as: non-fiction
August 8, 2011 – Shelved as: non-fiction__myers_briggs
August 8, 2011 – Shelved as: non-fiction__psychology_and_health
December 10, 2011 – Started Reading
December 17, 2011 –
0.0% "It's commonly thought that one third of the population (of the US) are introverts. The author researched that claim and found it to be "old" data from a small flawed study. More accurate studies place 57% of the population as introverts. Ironic considering America is a very extroverted culture."
December 25, 2011 –
0.0% "Finished reading, but haven't finished processing it yet. Instead of taking notes as I read, I put in bookmarks. I'm surprised I didn't break the spine of the book. Five stars, without a doubt. One of the best non-fiction books I've read."
December 30, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011
December 30, 2011 – Finished Reading
April 11, 2012 – Shelved as: best_of_non-fiction_psych_health
February 23, 2013 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
February 23, 2013 – Shelved as: wishlist__non-fi... (Other Paperback Edition)
February 23, 2013 – Shelved as: non-fiction (Other Paperback Edition)
February 23, 2013 – Shelved as: non-fiction__psy... (Other Paperback Edition)
February 23, 2013 – Shelved as: non-fiction__mye... (Other Paperback Edition)
February 23, 2013 – Shelved as: author__laurie_helgoe
February 23, 2013 – Shelved as: author__laurie_h... (Other Paperback Edition)
July 12, 2013 – Shelved as: to-be-read (Other Paperback Edition)
December 19, 2015 – Shelved as: 2011__notable_highlights