Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)'s Reviews > Going Bovine

Going Bovine by Libba Bray

16219087

it was ok

I really wanted to love this, but honestly this was the weirdest book I've ever read, and I once read a book where the main character could listen to Justin Timberlake's music and literally transport herself into a realistic sex scene with him. So there's that. While there were a lot of things about this book that I really liked, I feel like I really missed the point unfortunately. The talking gnome was the best part though tbh. 10/10 would read an entire book about Baldr.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Bovine.

April 5, 2017 – Started Reading
April 5, 2017 – Shelved
April 5, 2017 –
page 30
6.25% "I've had this book on my shelves for YEARS and I'd been putting it off bc I thought it was going to be really strange, but so far it's just a pretty typical YA contemporary with magical realism. I'm very pleasantly surprised tbh"
April 6, 2017 –
page 165
34.38% "I'm pretty obsessed with all the Disneyland references in this book."
April 6, 2017 –
page 200
41.67% "I've been audiobooking this but I think it's one that I need to read physically bc I have been having a hell of a time following along now that things are getting stranger. Putting this down for now until I can snag my physical copy."
April 11, 2017 –
page 400
83.33% "So close, and yet, sooooo far"
April 11, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Felino What was the book with Justin Timberlake in it??? I NEED TO KNOW

Chelsea (chelseadolling reads) Sofia wrote: "What was the book with Justin Timberlake in it??? I NEED TO KNOW"

It's called The Seven Rays by Jessica Bendinger. Although, fair warning, while the whole JT thing sounds really cool, it wasn't executed very well. I only gave that book 1 star :(

message 3: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Felino Awww too bad. I will check it out (because I like to live dangerously) but I will keep my expectations low because I tend to agree with your bookish opinions ;)