Ashley Daviau's Reviews > Sleeping Beauties

Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King

I've been waiting anxiously for this book for so long and it was most definitely worth the wait! It definitely wasn't a classic King horror story but I was drawn in from the start and quickly fell in love with the characters and the story.

I'm always wary of collaborations, too often they come out stilted and awkward. But that was far from the case with Sleeping Beauties. It was absolutely seamless, I couldn't pick out what was Stephen and what was Owen even if I tried!

The whole idea of the story is so unique and interesting, I was instantly enraptured and waiting on pins and needles to see how it would all play out and the effects the events that happened would have on the world, Dooling in particular.

My favourite part of the story was definitely the characters. King is truly a master of creating memorable characters that you can't help but get attached to. And there were so many great ones to pick from in Sleeping Beauties! My favourite is definitely Lila though, she stole the show for me right from the start. Something about her just spoke to me and I felt an instant connection with her.

I honestly couldn't have loved this book more. It was absolutely everything I was hoping it would be and more! An absolutely brilliant story that I already can't wait to reread!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleeping Beauties.

April 4, 2017 – Shelved
page 571
October 12, 2017 –
page 650
October 13, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Annie Great review. I agree, this book is a masterpiece!

Ashley Daviau Thanks Mark! 😊

Thanks Annie, I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did! 😊

message 3: by Calista (new) - added it

Calista Thanks for sharing. I want to read this too. It's a long book. I will need time for it.

Ashley Daviau My pleasure! It's definitely long but worth reading anyways!

message 5: by Sumit (new) - added it

Sumit RK Great Review! Ashley :)

Ashley Daviau Thank you! :)