Amairo's Reviews > Wintersong

Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones

20594526

bookshelves: read-in-2017, favorites
Read 2 times. Last read March 19, 2018 to April 22, 2018.

I love this book!!!

Originally, this book is retelling of the famous movie “Labyrinth” with our long-loved Mr. Bowie. It seems that lots of people had watch it, but I’m not, so this book was fresh for me, with no expectations and I must say that I liked it a lot!

I wanted this book not only because the synopsis caught my interest, but also because this beautiful cover. Look at it. Isn’t it perfect? I do love roses, as it can be seen and I had to have it.

At first it was not really my book. I’m always saying it that I’m not native English speaker and some books are challenge for me and “Wintersong” is one of them. Of course, this absolutely didn’t stopped it becoming one of my favorite books of all time. It was just so good for me.

I liked the story. I usually don’t find books, which setting is underground and with goblins. This was rare for me and I wanted to explore this kind of world. It was interesting to see the story through Liesl’s point of view and I appreciated it. She was brave enough to go and save her sister from The Goblin King. This was the first part of the story, but I do really and mostly liked the second part.

Full review here: https://goo.gl/y0zYCw

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wintersong.

Quotes Amairo Liked

S. Jae-Jones
“Life,” he said softly, “is more than flesh. Your body is a candle, your soul the flame. The longer I burn the candle...” He did not finish.
“A candle unused is nothing but wax and wick,” I said.“I would rather light the flame, knowing it will go out than sit forever in darkness.”

S. Jae-Jones
“What’s the use of running, if we are on the wrong road.”

S. Jae-Jones
“You are the monster I claim, mein Herr.”

S. Jae-Jones
“What would you do, if you were a free man?”
“I would take my violin and play. I would walk the world and play, until someone called me by name and called me home.”

S. Jae-Jones
“Your music," he said at last. "Your music was the only thing that kept me sane, that kept me human instead of a monster.”

S. Jae-Jones
“You are the monster I choose”

S. Jae-Jones
“She was the sun and he was the earth waking from a thaw.”

S. Jae-Jones
Beware the goblin men and the wares they sell.

S. Jae-Jones
“Goblins do not feel the way mortals do,” he went on. “You humans live and love so fiercely. We crave that. We need that. That fire sustains us. It sustains me.”

S. Jae-Jones
“I hadn't expected the game to start off so poorly, so I hadn't yet gathered any ideas for penalties to dole out. So I asked another question. "Fine. What is your favorite color?"
"Green. What's yours?"
My glance fell on the salver beside me. "Red. Favorite smell?"
"Incense. Favorite animal?"
My eyes lingered on his. "Wolf. Favorite composer?"
"You.”

S. Jae-Jones
“The wishes we make in the dark have consequences, and the Lord of Mischief will call their reckoning”

S. Jae-Jones
“Now the days of winter begin and the Goblin King rides abroad, searching for his bride.”

S. Jae-Jones
“There is music in your soul. A wild and untamed sort
of music that speaks to me. It defies all the rules and laws you humans set upon it. It grows from inside you, and I have a wish to set that music free.”

S. Jae-Jones
“The last night of the year," Constanze said. "Now the days of winter begin and the Goblin King rides abroad, searching for his bride.”

April 4, 2017 – Started Reading