C. Erani Kole's Reviews > The Captain's Rebel

The Captain's Rebel by C.B. Halverson

*voluntarily and honestly reviewed the ARC I received from IndieSage PR*

I'm not one to love historical romances but this book has made me rethink everything I've been missing out on! Mary is an Irish born rebel who's just one of the many that suffered the effects of the Rebellion in 1798 (I actually learned something) and when the one thing to grant her home freedom disappears, she goes out to retrieve it. At all costs.

The tone of this story and writing style were amazing. I loved how stubborn she was, how persistent and passionate she felt for her country. Grant, a captain who knew more than anyone about hardship and hard work, refuses to grasp her understanding of boarding a Navy's ship under guise. Yet when push comes to shove, he finds himself doing everything in his power to keep her safe. Their chemistry was off the charts, and since I'm a sucker for the hate-first-love-later romances, it wasn't hard to get into their dominate games of keeping control. There was adventure, suspense, a thrilling secret that would make or break them. The ending was a little weird for me but in all honesty, I don't exactly have the grounds to judge how one would react in the face of danger. But still, it left me very satisfied in the end and I can't wait to see what other Irish heroines Halverson has in store. Definite recommend for you history buffs that enjoy a good tale.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Captain's Rebel.

April 3, 2017 – Started Reading